Maps are used throughout the BYDA referral service to help you better understand the areas you are working in. This article provides some tips and tricks for working with the maps.
Use the search tool to quickly find the location of your job site. You can search by address, coordinates or lot numbers.
Use the zoom to current location tool to quickly jump to where you’re standing. Your browser will request permission to share your location with BYDA.
Base map selector
Several base maps are available to help you find and sketch your job site. Click on the base map tool to switch between different map options.
Some base maps are specific to certain states or territories and will not be available when the map is showing a different state. (You wouldn’t want to use the New South Wales state map to look at Perth.)
Zooming and panning
There are several ways you can zoom and pan the map. Here are some tips to help you quickly navigate to your job site.
- Placing your cursor over your target location and then using the scroll wheel will zoom into that location.
- Holding down the shift key allows you to drag a rectangle to zoom the map in to.
- Pressing the plus (+) and minus (-) keys zoom the map in or out.
- The cursor keys will move the map around. Holding the cursors down will pan continuously.
- The A and D keys rotate the map. Pressing N will return to a north-up view.
Street numbers and parcels
The base map includes street numbers and parcel boundaries. These will turn on automatically when you zoom in far enough (beyond a scale of 1:2000).